
oh, boy.
I'm way behind on this blogging thing with you girls. So much has happened since school was out. But with me being so busy with weddings, it's been quite the challenge to keep your blogs updated.
I'll jump right in with your new short arm cast. You wore the long arm for over a month and with 3 swimming parties coming up, you were excited to get your new waterproof cast.

sassing Mom before the nurse, Trish comes in to chop off the old stinky cast.

I think it tickled a bit! They even gave us the old cast to take home and "always" remember. Without the stinkey lining though. (thanks, Trish!)


Waiting for Dr. Stephensen's report. They took x-rays and we were waiting to see how the arm had healed. It was doing OK, with just one minor set back. The ulna on the last exray was right in place and doing great. This time, it had displaced a bit, which he said is normal with kids and since most of the bone growth was on the inside, he felt that the arm should reabsorb the buldge. Right now your arm has a definite sticking out point. Gosh! You were great about it though. Me? Not so good. Total guilt washed my body and I broke out in a sweat. Maybe I should have made you stay insdie more? Maybe you shouldn't have been shooting basekts?
Dr. Stephensen probably recognized the look on my face because he then told me that it could have happened in your sleep. That unconciously you moved a muscle attatched to that bone and it pushed the bone out. Nothing we could have done to prevent it shy of surgery at the time of the break, and that would have been more tramatic than the break.
He said that at her age, it would reabsorb and do just fine. For me to not worry.
HA



You chose orange. At first I wanted to you go go for the yellow. But no, orange won! (I'm sure Toni will be proud!) HA I treated you to lunch, your choice. Which was HOOTERS. HA! You matched the bar stools.

No comments:
Post a Comment